Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Cover Love!

I’mLovingBooks.com Cover Love

Title: Demon Bait
Author: Moira Rogers

What I Love:
This is a very different cover for Moira Rogers. I love the duality of the circle image as well as the two figures. There's an intriguing mix of symmetry and asymmetry that holds my attention. Plus: its got a lot of black. I love black. It's so versatile. Black can be for mourning and sadness or goth or professional or sexy. Seriously. Black just rocks. Through in some bright colors for the circle? You got my attention!  

On sale November 29, 2011


Title: Bone Crossed
Author: Patricia Briggs
Series: Mercy Thompson, book 4
What I Love:
This cover here holds a special place in my heart. It was this cover that got me to pick up my first Urban Fantasy novel (which, incidentally, was book 1 in the series: Moon Called). I'd never before had any desire to read fantasy novels. Lord of the Rings? Pass. Harry Potter? Nah. But this cover here led me down the dangerous path of everything that goes bump in the night...and I have never regretted it. "Don't judge a book by it's cover?" Meh. Judging this book by cover alone was the best bookish thing I've ever done. I love the gorgeous woman covered in tats who's obviously not ignorant with maintenance! My favorite books all have strong lead heroines and this book here showed me that with the cover!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining in! You can do it however you want! :] My whole purpose of the meme/feature was to kind of show off my favorite covers from books I actually read in the previous month. I know there's lots of people who do the whole cover feature thing for covers they come across. But I thought it would be a little different than the norm. :]

    Hope you'll come back next month! Don't forget to go back and add your link to the list though! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen any of Moira Roberts's covers before, but I do really like that one. You're right about the asymmetry & symmetry part... and there's just something unique about it. I love the circle and the red, blue, and black mixing together.

    (Ah!! You said no to Harry Potter???)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, I meant Moira Rogers. Argh, sorry for the weird typo.

    ReplyDelete

 

A Bakin' up Blogs Design Copyright © 2011 The Blog Bakery

Header Image inspired by Fallen Angel's Pain Vol.1 by Frozen Flame